Thursday 7 December 2017

SWEET TINY XMAS ANGEL- 3

free crochet angel motif pattern, free crochet angel hair clip pattern
SWEET TINY XMAS ANGEL- 3
Cute Angel hairclip

Last year, around this time, I wrote a blog with some angel patterns.  This one is a slightly smaller one, and I have a small tweak here to make it into a wearable.. so come along and let's work on this lovely pattern together.

Thank you for joining me.
In case you have just joined me, know that you can access all of my earlier creations by checking under ‘categories’ on the right hand side of this blog under “Labels”.  Then, for your convenience, follow me here or on Facebook, You Tube, Pinterest, Twitter or Instagram. Check out all my social media handles at the bottom of this blog.
Oh, and may I add that the fastest way to find any of my blogs is via Pinterest.

Do remember to add my blog URL when you make and show off your creation.  Cheers.  Enjoy

Materials used : Today I’ve used a little Anchor Pearl metallic knitting cotton yarn with a 1.3 mm crochet ; fabric glue to seal ends ; Mod Podge to stiffen motif
For Indians : You could use Red ros ; Red rose metallic or   unbranded knitting cotton as well 

In general : Use any yarn with a suitable hook to make these projects. The finer the yarn, the tinier the project.

Abbreviations used :
sc : single crochet            hdc : Half Double crochet
ch : chain                         ch-sp : chain space
sp : space                        rep : Repeat
hk : hook                          lp (s) : loop(s)
yo : yarn over                   sl-st : slip stitch  

Stitches used :
Starting slip knot : Here’s how you start with a slip knot.  https://youtu.be/lJcqsVcs8cw

Starting slip knot 1 or the Sloppy Slip knot : This is a neat new way to start your work without a slip knot.  https://youtu.be/YfC7KmGpifs

What is a chain stitch ? Here is an easy video tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXx5ukBjKkY

What is a slip stitch : Here is a neat video tutorial at https://youtu.be/weB3QNbA8Iw

Magic circle : To refresh your skill, please view this easy video https://youtu.be/ISC39yOqWro

Single Crochet : Sc : yo, insert hk into st ; yo (2 lps on hk); yo, draw through both lps.  One sc made.  Check out the video at https://youtu.be/ghACqBpA-3k

First stitch for Single Crochet : This is how I like to start my row of sc. Check out the video at https://youtu.be/6pVYRfsf4_M

Half Double Crochet : Hdc :  yo, insert hk into st ; yo (3 lps on hk) ; 
yo, draw through all 3 lps.  One hdc made.  
Check out the video at https://youtu.be/sDiELJdB2Dg

Chainless start for Half Double Crochet : I dislike the ch-2 start, and this is what I do to start my row of hdc. Check out the video at https://youtu.be/lWXpl1KdbZ8 

Double Crochet : dc : yo, insert hk into st ; yo (3 lps on hk); 
[yo, draw through 2 lps] twice.  One dc made.  
Check out the video at https://youtu.be/xdnjB27zpYo 

Chainless start for Double Crochet : I dislike the ch-2 / ch – 3 start, and this is what I do to start my row of dc. 
Check out the video at https://youtu.be/wskv3iTjRx0 


Abbreviations used :
sc : single crochet            hdc : Half Double crochet
ch : chain                         ch-sp : chain space
sp : space                        rep : Repeat
hk : hook                          lp (s) : loop(s)
yo : yarn over                   sl-st : slip stitch  

Instructions : (Using U.S terminology)

free crochet angel motif pattern, free crochet hair clip pattern

You can use this tiny angel as a hanging toy ornament off your tree, or make it something you can wear on your head. All you need to do is attach a length of chain off one side and it’s a hanging ornament for your tree. 
If you attach it to a rubber band or a tic-tac clip, then you get a neat hair clip.  This is what I have decided to make with this project - but you go ahead, create and have fun.

I was inspired by this lovely photograph. 


I do not know if there is a pattern for this somewhere – I have not checked.  These are my notes as I make my project.

Start Round 1 : with a magic circle and work 12 dc into that magic circle. 
Join with a sl-st to the 1st dc.

From now on, we will work in rows.

Row 2 : 2 dc in the 1st dc and in the next 4 dc.  Turn (10 dc)

Row 3 : 2 dc in the 1st dc and in the next 9 dc.  Turn (20 dc)

Row 4 : dc in the 1st 2 dc ;
(ch 1, dc in the next dc) ;
*rep (to) 15 times, till the last 2 dc ;
ch 1, dc in the last 2 dc.  Turn (20 dc)

For the next 3 rows, we will use a “V”-st which is (2 dc ; ch 1, 2 dc) all in the same ch-sp.
Row 5 : sl-st past the 1st 7 dc and into the next (6th) ch-1 sp ,
“V”-st in the next ch-1 sp ;
[sk next 2 dc and ch-1 sp , “V”-st in the next ch-1 sp] ;
rep [to] 2 times.  Turn. (4 “V”-sts)

In the next 2 rows, we will work our “V”-st in the ch-1 sp of the earlier “V”-st.
We will start and end with a dc, which will be worked off the 1st and last dc of the “V”-st. Got it?
Rows 6 & 7 : dc in the 1st dc ;
“V”-st in all the 4 “V”-sts till end ;
dc in the last dc.  Turn. (4 “V”-sts)

If you’d like a slightly longer little angel, work rep Row 7 once more.

Row 8 : sc in the 1st dc ;
*ch 3, sc in the next ch-1 sp of “V”-st ; 
ch 3, sc in the space between 2 “V”-sts* ;
rep *to* once ;
ch 3, sc in the next ch-1 sp of “V”-st ; ch 3, sc in the last dc.
Turn. (8 ch-3 sps)

Row 9 : (1 sc ; 1 hdc ; 1 dc ; 1 hdc ; 1 sc) all in the 1st ch-3 sp and in each ch-3 sp till end.

Fasten off and weave in ends.

Finishing : Now what would you like to make this little angel into? 
A hairclip or a tree hanging ornament?

Hairclip ideas : A little bling is good.. always.. so using an embroidery needle, I have sewn on some shiny stuff onto my lil angel. 
I then attached on the rubber band to the back of the angel.  When attaching the rubber band, remember to keep the angel facing the right way up ;)

Similarly, you can attach on a tic-tac clip across the back, and your lil girl could be the belle of the ball at the Xmas party

Ornament idea : Re-attach your green yarn to the top of the angel and run a chain of 3-4” length, Fold your chain down and see if it is long enough to hang off the tree.  If it is, then sl-st into the top of the 1st st again. Fasten off and weave in ends.
If this is a tree ornament, you definitely need bling – so go ahead and go a lil crazy decorating this cute lil angel before it goes onto your big fresh tree.

Enjoyed this ?? I sure did.. come back right here for more freebie patterns

If you're visiting me here for the first time, and have liked the experience, do add me to your mailing list (for your convenience) , and all my future free patterns will come straight to your mail box.  

I’d appreciate if you could credit my blog (and link the original pattern link) when you make your own creation.  Thanks.

Check out my awesome pins on Pinterest at https://in.pinterest.com/shyamanivas/


Join me on YouTube at http://youtube.com/shyamanivas

And on my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/Sweet-Nothings-Crochet/ for more patterns.

Do follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/ShyamaNivas


Find me on Ravelry at ravelry.com/projects/shyamanivas/


Have a great day and see you soon.

Here are some of my other home use / miscellaneous free patterns


































































































































































































































































































.... and some headwear creations ....